Wednesday, January 12, 2011

The Bunny Room

Well, Reed and I made it through our first day back to school. My coworkers were excited to see me and even had a cookie cake with "Welcome Back Mallory" written on it in icing. Yummy. My students were thrilled to have me back as well and I got a lot of hugs. Of course everyone thought Reed was beyond cute.

The morning was rough. After holding Reed in the Bunny Room for about 15 minutes before finally handing him over to Mary, I got in the car and cried as I left my baby boy in the care of virtual strangers for the day. It was heart wrenching. By the time I got to work I had composed myself and was ready to start catching up...until my supervisor looked at me and said "How are you doing?" in her best caring mommy voice. So, of course I started to cry again. She cried with me for a bit (having had 3 kids herself and being a crier, this was no surprise to me) and then we looked at the pictures of Reed I had brought to share with her. That made me feel better and then we got to work.

I called a couple of times to check in on Reed and Pat said he was doing just fine. She said he was such a sweetie and was having a good day. When Dane picked him up he was sleeping in the arms of one of the ladies who was apparently just smitten with him (who wouldn't be?).

So, it seems that Reed is no worse for the wear. While I still hate the idea of daycare, I know that God has a plan (Jer. 29:11)...now not only for my life but for my son's life too...and as silly as it may sound, daycare is part of it. I prayed for peace today and He granted it. However, I think I may be praying for peace each day for a while :)
I guess no one ever said this parenting thing was easy.

Looking forward to a long weekend with my little bug!!!

Don't forget to vote for Reed at parents.com. He has moved up from 6th to 5th place...only a couple more days left!

Thanks for all your prayers. I really think they got me through the day. Keep 'em comin!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad everything went well, I was thinking about you all day yesterday!

    ReplyDelete