Tuesday, December 14, 2010

8 Years

Today marks the 8 year anniversary of my mom's death.

As I was holding Reed this morning, just looking at him looking at me, I started thinking how sad I was for him that he will never get to feel the love of his Grandma Rhonda. I have so many hopes and dreams for him already and one of them is for him to grow up and feel like he knew her...I hope I can share with him what a wonderful woman she was and just how much she would have loved him. I hope I can be a fraction of the mom to him that my mom was to me and my brothers.
This is the first year that my mom is gone that I am a mom and it makes me miss her in somewhat of a different way. I don't really know how to explain it...maybe now I understand the love she had for me more and so I miss it a little more.

Moving on to some more sad news...Dane goes  back to work tomorrow and Aunt Jeanne leaves me too. It's been so nice having the two of them around! Dane is such a good dad already. He doesn't shy away and just jumps right in whenever he's needed. He's done an excellent job of taking care of both Reed and me. And of course, having Aunt Jeanne around has been awesome. I don't know how I will get the laundry done, the house vaccuumed, dinner made, the baby taken care of,  myself taken care of, etc without her extra help! She tells me that I'll figure it all out, but I just dont know...

Dane and I had our first night without Aunt Jeanne last night as she began to ween us off of her. We thought we'd be in for a long night since Reed was pretty fussy and awake until about 10:30 with gas. He'd fall asleep for a little bit and then wake up in pain. Luckily though, after his 10:30 feeding he went right to sleep and didn't wake up again until around 2am. Then he slept again until 6:30. I think he's finally figured out his nights and days. Success!!! It's funny that Dane and I celebrate getting a solid 3-4 hours of sleep in a row now. He's so worth it though...


No comments:

Post a Comment