Monday, February 7, 2011

God Winks

Reed goes to what I would call a "mom and pop" daycare in our neighborhood. It's a safe place where some lovely older ladies watch the infants in the Bunny Room all day. There are no frills, no bells and whistles, but it's close to home and offered us the best tuition.
Some of our students are involved in internships at Harris Stowe State University's early childhood education center. This place is brand spakin' new and really super nice. The staff all have BA's in early childhood education, they follow a strict curriculum, have a computer lab, a wonderful outside playground...the works! And it's $250 a week. Out of our price range for sure. The couple of times I have been there to conduct site visits I have left feeling guilty that we can't afford to send Reed to such a neat place where so much learning is going on. And, to top it off, my boss, who also has a 2 month old, just started sending her son there.
Well, this morning she told me that her son had an awful first day at daycare last week. She has been having a terrible time with his "teacher" and her parent care. This teacher is super rude to both her and her husband and has done some spiteful things to them.
That being said, while I feel super bad for my boss and hope she can work something out that will bring her better peace of mind, I felt like this was a little wink in my direction from God. I felt like He was telling me that Dane and I are doing our best and He is taking care of us all. That even though Reed's daycare isn't fancy and expensive, he is safe and cared for and I feel totally comfortable calling and checking in on him whenever I desire.
In addition, my Aunt Jeanne pointed out to me the other day that God has provided me with many short weeks due to snow days and other holidays since going back to work which has made our transition into daycare much easier. Praise God!

On another note, Reed had his 2 month appointment last week. He only gained 1lb making him 12.8lbs. I'm not sure how long he is now since the measurements the nurse took were inaccurate (Reed was curved on the table when she marked it and the number she gave me was about an inch less than he was at his 1 month appt) so we'll have to wait until his next appoinment in April. He got 5 vaccinations. Ouch! He's a trooper though.




I'll end with some song lyrics that my mom liked to say that have been popping in my head a lot recently:
Just keep doin' your best, pray that it's blessed and He'll take care of the rest.

1 comment:

  1. I promise you that you don't need "frills" to get good child care. Sounds like you and dane are doing an awesome job.

    ReplyDelete