Monday, April 1, 2013

Easter

Easter this year was pretty good. It was a beautiful day so Reed got to spend a lot of time playing outside. He was also able to participate in an Easter egg hunt with his cousin Dakota this year. He had a lot of fun.
I read him the Easter story from the Jesus Storybook Bible and talked to him on Easter about the gift that Christ gave us on that day so long ago. I know he doesn't understand it now, but I still want him to hear it and one day know that Easter is special because of the grace given to us through Jesus' death and that we celebrate because the tomb was (and still is) empty. That no matter what life throws our way we can rest in that assurance...Christ has already won whatever battle we're in the midst of because on the first Easter that tomb was empty.

In other news...it looks like Dane and I are going to be listing our house in St. Louis in the beginning of May. Please be praying that things go smoothly (selling our house, buying one in G-ville, Dane finding a job on the E. side, finances...). We haven't started looking in Greenville and don't really want to until we know our house is going to sell. The timing of everything is stressful, but I am trying to rest in the fact that God has gone before us and has figured it all out already...so why do I need to worry?

Outside of that major life changer, there isn't much to report.

 Easter at my dads.

My guy.  

 Easter crafts with dad.

 Reed got to watch Aunt Darci play softball. 

 Reed has transitioned to the Big Boy bed. He loves it and he loves this bed set. 

Helping in the kitchen. He loves to cook and he loves to eat. 

The next time I blog our house could officially be on the market. I'm not scared...I'm not scared...I'm not scared....

No comments:

Post a Comment