Saturday, June 23, 2012

Oh boy, oh boy!

I meant to write a post on Father's Day...but obviously didn't. We had a very nice day though. Dane got a coffee mug that says "Daddy's Mug" on one side and has a picture of Reed on the other. He also got a book he's been wanting. We ended up spending the day at my dad's house, just enjoying the company of family. When I got to work the next day I asked some of my students how Father's Day was for them and many of them replied with something along the lines of their dad's not being around for them to celebrate. This was a reminder to me of just how lucky I am to have been blessed with such great fathers: my own awesome father, two wonderful grandfathers, a sweet father-in-law, and an amazing father for my son. Sometimes it's easy to slip into feeling sorry for myself for not having my mom around anymore, but I should remind myself more often of just how blessed I am in the dad department ;)
Yesterday we found out that my sister-in-law, Devan, is expecting a BOY!!!! My first nephew and Reed's first boy cousin. We're anxiously awaiting little man's arrival in late October/early November.
A week or so ago, we found out that my cousin is expecting too! (I don't know if she has made this public knowledge outside of family and close friends, so she shall remain nameless for the time being). She's due in early December, so her baby could share a birthday with Reed. That would make it easier for us to remember the dates :) Babies are so exciting.
Today marked our first pool day of the summer. Reed is such a freaking water bug! He ran right into the baby play area and then kept trying to make his escape to the big pool. When we got in with him he was all smiles. He didn't mind going underwater and when we put him on his belly he began kicking and even threw in some arm strokes. He's a natural! Do I smell swim team in his future?
Tomorrow is mine and Dane's sixth wedding anniversary!!! Can't believe it's already been that long. We'll be celebrating year 10 before we know it. I'm so glad I married him. He still makes me laugh and he is such a great dad. I'm excited to see how our relationship grows in the coming years. It's great to be on this adventure with him.
Ok, here are the pics you all want.




No comments:

Post a Comment