Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Baby's First Halloween

If you haven't already seen his super cute pic on Facebook, here is Reed on his first Halloween:


Yes, he is in fact the world's cutest monkey. 
Confession: I am not the world's biggest Halloween fan. I don't really understand the hype and wasn't planning on taking Reed trick or treating (he isn't old enough to eat the candy after all). Sorry to those of you who think that is a mortal sin (actually, I'm not really sorry). We dressed him up and took him over to visit family members on Sunday, but didn't at that point have solid Halloween night plans. Reed goes to bed at 7 for Pete's sake!
Dane and I were invited to a Halloweenie party at the house of a friend from church. A few families and their kids would be getting together to roast hot dogs and hand out candy to the neighborhood trick or treators. Kids were encouraged to wear their costumes. We made the decision to attend on Halloween (nothing like last minute, huh?). I rushed home from work to buy some candy and chips and then we headed to North County (about a 30 min drive). We're really glad we went. It was good fellowship and Reed did a great job staying up past his bed time. He fell asleep soon after we got him in the car and did not wake up the rest of the night (even when we transferred him from the car seat to his crib). Overall, a successful first Halloween for Reed.
In other exciting news...Reed is 11 months old today!!! Holy craziness. I can not believe that I am planning his first birthday party already.
AND
Reed took his first few hesitant steps yesterday!!! Any day now he is just going to take off.  I only hope I'm able to keep up.

Well, catch you on the flip side!

No comments:

Post a Comment