Saturday, September 17, 2011

Fun Stuff

Sorry I've been away from the blogging world for a couple of weeks. It may be hard to believe, but sometimes our lives just aren't exciting enough to blog about frequently, so I've been storing up our adventures for the last 2 weeks in order to make for more exciting reading (see how I take care of you all?). 

Last week, on Labor Day, we visited my dad in Greenville. We got to see his nice new office and his M-F bachelor pad. He even treated us to lunch in the DC (dinning commons). Dane and I took a walk around the town square and saw our old apartment. It was nice to be back in Greenville for a day and see how my dad is starting to fit in. We even spent some time with Aunt Darci in between her classes.

Last Saturday Reed and I had a "mommy and me" day while Dane went scouting for a good place to hunt this fall with a friend. Reed and I took a walk to Papa's house and saw Ms. Stefanie (my "work spouse") doing a work out in the park. We played at home and walked around Target too. I think Reed likes Target as much as I do :) It was a good day and, although a bit exhausting, really great to have a day with him all to myself. That evening Dane's mom and sisters were in town and we met them for dinner at Schlafly Bottleworks. Maplewood was having their art fair so we walked around there for a bit too and ran into Ms. Stefanie again! Twice in one day, how lucky were we?!?!

Yesterday we went to the Balloon Glow in Forest Park. Man am I glad we don't live far and were able to get a pretty good parking spot off of Hampton so we didn't have to take the highway or drive into the park. I'm pretty sure everyone in St. Louis and at least half of Illinois attends this event. 64/40 was like a parking lot in both directions and the park was completely full of cars. Hampton was backed up for at least a mile (maybe two). Ca-razy. But we didn't have any problem getting there and walking to the site of the balloons. It was beautiful. I don't think Reed could really appreciate it and we didn't stay too long since he was ready to go home and go to bed, but I hope we can do it again as he gets older.

This morning we got up and watched Dane run a 5k in my dad's neighborhood, St. Louis Hills. The race is called "Run for the Hills" and he competed in it last year. My Uncle Mike and his friend Scott also ran. They all did really well. Dane beat his time from last year and said he felt much more in shape. Reed had a good time cheering his daddy on. I'm so proud of Dane for committing to this whole running thing. As a past runner, I know how hard it is to run on your own but Dane does a great job of motivating himself and getting those runs in each day after work. Maybe his next goal will be the half marathon! Great job babe!

And the fun doesn't stop there. Tonight we will attend a cocktail party at my Aunt Cindy and Uncle Mike's house and tomorrow we will (hopefully) be having our good friends Trent and Frances over for Sunday dinner.

In food news Reed has now eaten mac n' cheese, green beans, some deli turkey, and tomato bisque (which he LOVED). I am slowly but surely facing my fears.

Here are some pics of the last 2 weeks:
Reed got stuck under his exersaucer.

 After a run with dad.

 Working on using that sippy cup.

 He's so studious.

 And so fly.

At the balloon glow.

September is a busy month. This time next week we'll be in Montauk celebrating Dane's birthday! Wednesday is Reed's next eye appointment. I'm expecting the worst and hoping for the best. If he does still need the surgery, it is scheduled for the 30th. Keep Reed in your prayers!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment