Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day

Today is my very first Mothers Day!!!

My festivities began yesterday when Dane sent me shopping. He had set aside some money and told me to take as much time as I needed. I channeled my Gma and got some really good deals. For $80 I got 1 Ann Taylor Dress, 1 Ann Taylor Skirt, 1 Gap dress, a pair of Gap work pants, a pair of Gap shorts, and a pretzel at Auntie Anne's.
This morning Dane got up with the baby and let me sleep. When I walked into the kitchen my present sat on our island in a beautiful red box. My card was super sweet and my gift was very special. I got a bracelet that says "mom" in several different languages. Oh, and I almost forgot! Reed finger painted me a beautiful picture frame magnet at daycare and even included a picture of him having fun in the swing :)
After I opened my present we got ready and walked up to our favorite neighborhood coffee shop, The Murdoch Perk, for some delicous breakfast.
I've been thinking about what a wonderful example I had for a mom and I only hope that Reed will feel the same about me that I do about  my mom. Growing up I always wanted to be like her. I wanted to be a teacher, a good wife and an amazing mom. Well, teaching wasn't for me but I still found my way into the education realm. I could be a better wife, but each day I work on that. I'm new to this whole mommy thing, but I hope that I am showing Reed the kind of Godly, unconditional love that my mom showed us. I hope I can carry on her legacy of love.
I was also thinking about how lucky I am to not only have had such a great mom, but to currently be surrounded by a host of strong, caring, smart, loving and encouraging women. No one can replace my mom, but these women do a great job of helping to fill that gap. I thank God for you all daily.
So, on this Mother's Day, I want to say thanks to all of you who wished me a happy Mother's Day. But I'd also like to say thanks to my mom, the woman I still aspire to be like (and probably always will) and to the women in my life who are still helping to shape me into the wife, woman, and mommy I was made to be.

Happy Mother's Day!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment