Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Papa

Today is my dad's (or Papa's) birthday. I won't say a lot because he doesn't like too much attention, but my dad is awesome. I mean, my brothers and  I must have won the lottery when it comes to parents. God has truly blessed us with some amazing examples. What sticks out to me the most about my dad is how he NEVER complains. He is ready and willing to help anyone out no matter the inconvenience to him. For example, when I was in college I had gone home for a weekend. Sunday night I drove back to school (about an hour away from home). When I got there I unloaded the trunk and started heading for my dorm only to realize that I had locked my keys in the trunk and did not have a spare on me. At about 9pm on a Sunday night my dad drove out to my school just to unlock my car. He had to be up early for work the next day and had already gone to bed. But he did it. And he didn't complain. In fact, he told me he enjoyed the drive. He has done so much for me and my brothers that I'm sure we can never thank him enough.

He is also an amazing teacher. God gave him a gift and he has used it for His glory for almost 30 years now. He still hears from past students today who tell him what an impact he had on them. His journey began in med school and found it's way to the classroom. And nearly 30 years after he started his quest to become a doctor, he acheived that goal earning his Ed.D!!! Way to go Doc Lamb!

I could go on forever about how amazing my dad is but I think I'll stop here.

Dad,
Jeremy, Tyler, Dakota, Reed and I are all so blessed to be your kids. What a wonderful man of God you are and encouraging example. You provide so much laughter and support to us all. We love you Padre!!!

Forever your Baby Cakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment