Sunday, April 24, 2011

Baby's First Easter

This morning started pretty early as Reed wanted to be awake at 4:45 am. Then I made the mistake of turning on the tv instead of just sitting w him in the dark. This is what dad does at 6am when he feeds Reed...so he thought it was time to eat and got very mad at me for not feeding him. I finally gave in at 5:45 when I could take the screaming no longer. I guess the screaming wore him out because he fell right back to sleep at 6:30 so I got to get a couple more hours of sleep before church. During the few moments he was not screaming, I told Reed about Easter and why we celebrate it. I can't wait until he is old enough to join in this special day when we celebrate the fact that our Redeemer lives!!!

Dane and I took Reed to my home church, First Baptist Church of Ferguson. Ferguson was hit pretty bad during the storm/tornadoes on Friday night. I got a text from my dad on the way that the church's electricity was out and we needed to park in the main lot, not the rear one we usually park in. When we got off the highway Dane and I started noticing a tree uprooted here and there....and then a roof blown off....a chimney knocked down....a street with every single tree uprooted and splayed across the road...it was a bad scene. They got hit really hard. When we got to the church we saw why we needed to park in the main lot. Every building of the church (except the building with the sanctuary) had been hit with damage to the roofs, HVAC systems and windows. The back parking lot was full of debris.

When we entered the sanctuary it was so pretty. They had candles everywhere and it was neat to see that something like no electricity wasn't going to cause the service to be cancelled. But then I had a panic moment...the nursery was closed since it is located in one of the buildings that was hit. Luckily,  Reed enjoyed worshiping with everyone and when he got a little fussy during the sermon, Dane didn't mind stepping out into the foyer with him. All in all it was a good morning.

Then we went to my dad and Pat's for lunch with my brothers, niece, sister-in-law and Pat's family. It was a good time and Reed was loved on by a lot of people. They were so impressed by what a good baby he is :)

Dane's family came down for an Easter lunch at our place last weekend and we had a good time then too. Aunt Devan brought Reed an Easter basket and (once again) made a delicious spread.

Here are some pics of the past few weeks...can you believe Reed is almost 5 months old? And he's getting quite the charming personality too!

Just chillin'

Playing in the exersaucer...he loves to look outside the front door too. 

Besties.

What? Just enjoying some oatmeal mom. 

 The Easter Bunny brought me 2 books and some carrots!

 The fam.

Happy Easter. He has Risen.

1 comment:

  1. HAPPY EASTER!! I'm not sure if I knew you guys did cotton diapers!? I am super excited to try them soon!

    ReplyDelete