Sunday, December 25, 2011

Blessed

This year marked Reed's 2nd Christmas! As usual we spent Christmas Eve at Aunt Cate's house and Santa came through and showed up again :)  (It's so cool that my family  has an 'in' with Santa). Reed did not freak out and cry. He studied his present and then studied the Big Guy and then went back to his present. 
Reed did great staying up late and entertaining our family. We thought he might sleep in Christmas morning...but to our dismay he was awake at 6am, as usual. 
Reed opened some toys and books from Mom and Dad and then took a short nap. We headed to Papa's for lunch and even more gifts! 
Overall, Reed did a great job and now has more toys than we have space to put them in and enough Cardinal apparel to outfit him for the entire summer. What a spoiled little sucker.  
Dane was really sweet and got me a Pandora charm bracelet. He started me off with one charm that represents Reed. It is blue with silver ivy wrapped around it and is meant to represent us (the ivy) surrounding Reed with our love (the blue being Reed). It's super special. He also got me a Willow Tree figurine that is a mom holding her son on a rocking chair under a quilt. He said this reminds him of how I hold Reed under his blankie.  Some other top earners for me were my new cookware set and canvas print from my dad. He printed it on canvas and mounted it to the frame himself (pictured below)! Now Reed's picture is really like a piece of art. 
I'm glad that my family doesn't get all caught up in the gifts they get but instead simply enjoys giving to each other, sharing laughs and creating memories. 

 Reed with Santa!

Christmas morning with Mom and Dad. 

Papa with his grandkids, year 2. 

The  canvas print my dad made. Picture doesn't do it justice. 

Merry Christmas. We are blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment