Sunday, October 16, 2011

Pumpkin Patch

This weekend we made the drive to Milstadt, IL to enjoy an afternoon at Eckert's Family Farm. After getting turned around (just slightly) and adding about 20 minutes to our drive, we made it. The weather could not have been any better. We strapped Reed into the papoose and set out for our afternoon of fun. Just after we entered, I was getting my bearings and trying to figure out where the tractor was for the rides out to the apple orchard and pumpkin patch. As I was looking at the map and my surroundings, Dane nudged me and started walking over to someone. It took me a second to figure out what he was doing or who he had seen, but when I figured it out I was pleasantly surprised...my Aunt Cathy was there! I mean, of all places to run into her. She lives like 5 minutes away and I've never run into her at Target or Schnucks, but 30 minutes away at a pumpkin patch in Illinois we find each other. I was told my cousin Lauren-Ashleigh will be quite upset that she was not at Eckert's either (she wanted to go when she was in town last weekend), so to her I say I'm sorry we didn't get to see you there too. Maybe next time and good luck on your 1/2 marathon next weekend.
Reed seemed to really enjoy himself. I think we'll make this a family tradition...

Pics for your pleasure:
Ready for some fun.

 See? I told you she was there.

 The boys.
I heart them.

The fam riding out to the pumpkin patch.


Reed touched a camel.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment