Wednesday, August 31, 2011

9 Months (in 2 days)

Reed had his 9 month check-up today. He received 3 shots (he,surprisingly, was not excited about that), weighed in at 18lbs 3oz and measured 29 inches long. Still a little on the small side but the doc says he's doing fine ("small, but mighty"). The next scheduled appointment is at 1 year. Ca-razy. Reed will be 18 the next time I blink.

The doc said we can start introducing table foods to Reed. By around 1 year he said that most babies have moved on from baby food and gone from formula to milk. We can also start introducing real dairy (yogurt, cheese) in the next couple of months. Now, if I can just get over my fear of Reed choking....are you sure I can't feed him baby food until he's 10? I should have asked the doctor.

He has become pretty verbal in this last month. He is saying "dada" and "mama" a lot. He's not 100% certain that Dane is dada, but he's pretty sure that I'm mama. When he wants my attention he crawls to me yelling "ma ma ma." He's super cute.

Remember when he was this small? He doesn't even fit sideways in the crib like this anymore.

Reed is not small for lack of eating. He loves food.

Stay tuned in September: Montauk mini-vaca, Dane turns 27 & Reed's second surgery on the 30th.

What a special little stinker we have.

No comments:

Post a Comment