Sunday, June 19, 2011

Fathers Day

Today is Dane's very first Father's Day!
Dane has stepped into his role as "daddy" quite naturally. He dove in to giving Reed his very first bath and has since become the primary bath giver. He also takes on the 6am wake up call and feeding, not only on the weekdays (because he has to wake up an hour before I do) but also on the weekends when he could easily ask me to switch off with him. He loves going on walks as a family and taking Reed out for runs every evening with the dog. He has even taken him along on one of his favorite past times...fishing! Reed lights up when he sees him and greets him every morning with a smile (I guess that makes 6am a little more bearable). It's touching to see the love he has for Reed and just how happy Reed makes him. We are both so lucky to have him in our lives. I can't wait to watch their father-son relationship grow.
And I'd be remiss not to mention my amazing father today as well. How blessed am I to have such wonderful men in my life? Thanks for guiding, loving, encouraging and supporting me for so many years dad! I'm one lucky Baby Cakes. 
Yesterday Reed had his first trip to the pool!!! Thanks to Uncle Tyler, we had a lot of fun in the sun. Reed wasn't too excited about the cold water, but he warmed up to it (pun intended). He even went underwater for the first time. We'll definitely be going back.

An update about Reed's ears: they are perfectly fine. For the time being we don't need to worry about going to an ENT.
Reed had a good first week with the new babysitter and Pat. I hope it just keeps getting better :)

I'll leave you with one more picture. This is what Dane was greeted with yesterday morning.
Does it get any better than that?

No comments:

Post a Comment